Raleigh International are looking for passionate young people aged 18-24, who want to take action on the climate emergency and join their Scotland based programme, Re:Green!
*Apply Now as there are 30 Fully Funded places available through the COP26 Bursary Fund available to all young people who apply.
🎂 18-24 year old's
📅 30 October - 12 November (2 weeks)/30 October - 7 November (1 week)
🗺️ Western Highlands in Scotland
Re:Green aims to rewild, reforest and restore Scotland's rainforest and ancient woodlands. Scotland's rainforest only has 30,000 square hectares remaining. Raleigh International is looking for passionate young people to work with the Alliance for Scotland's Rainforest and help Re:Green one of the UK's most precious habitats.
Become a Conservationist:
- Volunteer on the frontline
- Take on essential work to conserve and restore the Scottish rainforest and other ancient woodlands
- Support the removal of invasive plant species, restoration, rewilding green spaces, tree planting, reforestation, trail maintenance, and habitat and wildlife monitoring
Become a Climate Campaigner:
- Learn more about sustainability and environmental action in the UK with the crash course on climate campaigning
- Gain the base knowledge that you'll need to conserve our natural world
- Develop a strong grounding in environmental action
- This role comes with an opportunity to be enrolled into Raleigh's International Climate Campaign - Action Not Excuses
Take on the Youth Leadership Challenge:
- Take on some of the UK's most challenging but beautiful terrains on an 11-day remote trek, wild camping in the Scottish Highlands
- Learn essential skills in leadership, teamwork, planning, problem-solving, and resilience with your fellow team of young volunteers.
This is a fully-funded opportunity. All you need is time and a £50 non-re-fundable deposit to secure your place. This covers project costs, accommodation, food and transport to Re:Green from select UK cities.
3 October 2021
Want to find out more? Raleigh International host online information events where you can hear all about the Re:Green projects, fundraising and safety. Sign up to one of their upcoming events.
Don’t forget to mention Young Scot to receive your rewards points and access to discounts!
Sign up for your FREE Young Scot Membership to receive Young Scot Rewards Points and Discounts.
Find more opportunities to get involved.
Check out this video on #ActionsNotExcuses from Raleigh international
You can also find a range of discounts to get you kitted out for your Re:Green with Young Scot Discounts!